Interview with David Yarde
Date of Interview
May 2, 2012
Designer's Twitter Page
City & Country of Residence
Orlando, FL, United States
Curently Working For
Type of Design
Graphic & Web
1. Besides the usual online blogs and galleries, from what or where do you draw inspiration?
I also draw inspiration from photography, being outside in nature, around friends and family but oddly most of all my cat.
2. Design-related or not, can you list up to 3 books that you've found beneficial to your growth as a designer?
Three books that have been very beneficial to my growth as a designer have been, Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin, The Lean Startup by Eric Ries and Good to Great by Jim Collins.
3. If you could name one tool/application/software/hardware that you can't live without (from a design perspective), what would it be, and why?
At first I was a bit skeptical, but now I can't see myself designing or coding without it, the it in question, my Wacom tablet. It makes even just browsing the web so much easier as well as fun.
4. What would be your design "dream job"?
Ideally I would love to work with churches, in establishing a web community for their new and potential members alike, along with being able to just enjoy nature and design whatever is inspired, knowing that your work is appreciated and is making a difference.
5. What changes would you like to see in the design community in the next 5 years?
Within the next five years I would love to see a more closely knit design community, where it isn't a fierce competition but one in which working together can solve many of the problems we face not just as designers, but also as a society on a whole.
Special thanks to David Yarde for taking the time to answer these questions exclusively for Interviews by Design.