Interview with Denise Kim Wy
Date of Interview
October 6, 2012
Designer's Twitter Page
City & Country of Residence
Curently Working For
Type of Design
Product and Graphic
1. Besides the usual online blogs and galleries, from what or where do you draw inspiration?
I get my inspiration from conversations or through the books I read. There are times that it just comes out of the blue and I'll get very excited.
2. Design-related or not, can you list up to 3 books that you've found beneficial to your growth as a designer?
Really Good Packaging Explained
3. If you could name one tool/application/software/hardware that you can't live without (from a design perspective), what would it be, and why?
3ds Max and Vray. As an Industrial designer, this software helps me visualize the design concepts I have in mind. And with the photorealistic rendering capabilities of Vray, it makes the concept look (and sometimes feel) "real."
4. What would be your design "dream job"?
To become a freelance designer travelling around the globe.
5. What changes would you like to see in the design community in the next 5 years?
I would like to see designers working on projects that can help other people's lives. Be it conceptual or not, I think designing on something that will make life easier and actually makes sense defines what design is really all about.
Special thanks to Denise Kim Wy for taking the time to answer these questions exclusively for Interviews by Design.