Interview with Ivailo Bobchev
Date of Interview
January 2, 2013
Designer's Twitter Page
City & Country of Residence
Alexandria, United States
Curently Working For
Done Collective LLC
Type of Design
1. Besides the usual online blogs and galleries, from what or where do you draw inspiration?
I find my inspiration in many places. Besides the online inspiration that I get from blogs and galleries, I really love to travel and visit new places. I'm in love with nature and this is the best inspiration you can get!
2. Design-related or not, can you list up to 3 books that you've found beneficial to your growth as a designer?
The Elements of Typographic Style Grid Systems Don't Make Me Think
3. If you could name one tool/application/software/hardware that you can't live without (from a design perspective), what would it be, and why?
Adobe ;) I've been using the Adobe Creative Suite since I can remember. I cannot imagine my day without it. It is like half of me :)
4. What would be your design "dream job"?
The "dream job" should give you the opportunity to work on different projects with different clients and to solve different types problems. There is nothing better than working with a team of really good professionals and to have enough time to execute your projects.
5. What changes would you like to see in the design community in the next 5 years?
I would love to see a community that is more aware of the ethics that we should be following while designing, coding, writing, editing and publishing on the Web.
Special thanks to Ivailo Bobchev for taking the time to answer these questions exclusively for Interviews by Design.