Interview with Lee Munroe
Date of Interview
January 21, 2010
Designer's Twitter Page
City & Country of Residence
Belfast, United Kingdom
Curently Working For
Type of Design
1. Besides the usual online blogs and galleries, from what or where do you draw inspiration?
Main inspiration comes from other sites and designers but also from every day interactions and non web stuff, e.g. product design.
2. Design-related or not, can you list up to 3 books that you've found beneficial to your growth as a designer?
Web Standardistas, Don't Make Me Think, and Emotional Design.
3. If you could name one tool/application/software/hardware that you can't live without (from a design perspective), what would it be, and why?
Mac Book Pro everything's on it :)
4. What would be your design "dream job"?
Right now I'm doing what I love. But if I had to move out of web design I would love to have something to do with movies. Movie producer maybe.
5. What changes would you like to see in the design community in the next 5 years?
All web browsers using the same rendering engine for CSS3 and HTML5.
Special thanks to Lee Munroe for taking the time to answer these questions exclusively for Interviews by Design.